DIY Faux Pottery Tutorial
If you like the high end look of ceramic pottery, but not the price tag, this DIY faux pottery tutorial is for you! Today’s tutorial is all about using an old, inexpensive glass vase and transforming it into something beautiful featuring smART DIY paint from AR Workshop. Vases from dollar stores and thrift stores would work in this transformation as well! Read on for the easy-to-follow steps!
1. Inexpensive glass vases (cleaned and dried thoroughly)
2. SmART paint from AR Workshop
3. Cup of soil
6. Dry cloth
1. Using our AR Workshop smARt paint, brush on the paint to the glass vase of your choice. Allow to dry. (You can use a hairdryer on cool to speed up the process.)
2. For the next coat, dab on the paint for a more textured look. Allow to dry.
3. Dab on one more coat for the final layer. Allow to dry.
4. Next, take damp soil and brush on the jar lightly. Keep brushing on until you get an “aged” effect. Gently wipe off with a cloth or paper towel.
5. For an additional “rusty” look, sprinkle on some cinnamon and lightly blow off of the vase.
6. Add dried florals and wooden beads to complete the look.
Can you believe how easy it is to DIY faux pottery? The hardest part of the whole process might just be deciding what to display in your new “ceramic” pots!