DIY Felt Christmas Trees Tutorial
Felt Christmas decorations are so on-trend right now! Best of all, they are easy to make! We are here sharing a simple DIY felt Christmas trees tutorial. These are budget-friendly and can be made in three sizes! Before you know it, you can craft up an entire forest of felt Christmas trees for your holiday decorating needs! Read on for the easy-to-follow tutorial and a link to our free template download.
– Paper trimmer (optional)
– 2″ circle or scalloped craft punch
– Hole punch (1/8″ or 1/4″)
– Felt (6 pieces)
– Wooden skewers (3)
– Hot glue
– Wood slices (from craft store or your yard)
Free Felt Tree Template (located as a link to a PDF file at the end of this post):
-Print the free felt Christmas tree template on 8.5 x 11″ card stock (located at the end of this post)
– Trim with scissors
– Trace on felt and cut out 3 felt trees per size
– Starting with small tree size, glue wooden skewer to middle of 1st small tree.
– Take 2nd small felt tree and glue to edges of 1st tree (one side only), then glue middle of the 2nd tree to the wooden
– Fold 2nd small felt tree open, and glue to 3rd small felt tree 2nd tree edges. Glue middle of the 3rd tree to wooden
– Fold 3rd small felt tree open and glue to open side of 1st tree edges to close.
– Cut off wooded skewer at bottom of tree (wooden skewer is just used to stabablize tree).
– Glue bottom of tree to the wood slice to complete
– REPEAT above on the next 2 tree sizes.
Get the FREE PDF of the DIY felt Christmas trees template.
We hope you enjoy DIYing your own felt Christmas trees with loved ones this holiday season.